Recipe: Vegan oatmeal cookies
As I already mentioned in my monthly review, I absolutely adore cookies, and don’t really like any other sweets (instead of a little bit of chocolate maybe). And as I have quite a lot of freetime currently, I enjoy baking cookies by myself. So in the following, I am going to share my favourite recipe for vegan oatmeal cookies with you.
Vegan Oatmeal Cookies: The Ingredients
You need the following ingredients for your vegan oatmeal cookies:
(PS: As I am from Germany, I am using the weight unit “gram”, but i know this differs a bit from country to country. I hope you can figure out how much you need from everything.)
- 75 grams of vegan margarine
- 50 grams of coconut sugar or raw cane sugar (if you want a more healthy kind of cookie, you can skip sugar. I, however, want it sweet, so I use the sugar.)
- 30 grams of spelt wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (you can also use a little bit more if you love cinnamon as much as I do)
- A pinch of salt
- A little bit of baking powder
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of applesauce (alternatively, you can also use a crushed banana)
- 200 grams of oatmeal
- A cool retro cookie jar
- Good music or a podcast you can listen to while baking 🙂
And this is how to make them:
Melt the margarine in a pot and add sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder. Mix everything.
Add the applesauce and mix everything, again.
Now, fold in the oatmeal.
Then, form some small cookies and put them on a greased baking tray or use baking paper. I always make small balls out of the oatmeal mass and carefully flatten them afterwards on the baking tray, by the way.
Now, you only have to bake your cookies for about 10 to 15 minutes at 180 °C. Let them cool down afterwards, put them in a lovely cookie jar and don’t forget to nibble them every now and then during the day. 😉