How to make a pumpkin-shaped bread
Is there anything better than homemade, fresh bread? This is also a wonderful small present, I believe. For Halloween, I wanted something especially beautiful and special. And what would suit better for autumn than a pumpkin-shaped bread? In the following, I am going to tell you how to make one by yourself.
What you need for a Pumpkin-Shaped Bread
- Kitchen twine
- Cinnamon Stick
To bake a pumpkin-shaped bread, first of all you need a sourdough. I made the walnut bread dough from the book Bread Bread Bread: Recipes, Advice & Shortcuts*. But of course, you can also use other sourdough bread recipes. As soon as the dough is ready, it is time to shape the bread
In this Instagram Reel, I show you how to make a pumpkin-shaped bread. And in the following, you will also find a step by step guide.
- Cut four equal long pieces of the kitchen twine an lay it down in the shape of a snowflake/star on your floured working surface.
- Shape the sourdough into a ball and place it in the middle of your “kitchen twine snowflake”.
- Now, knot the ends of the kitchen twine together to create grooves in your bread. Then cut the protruding ends of the kitchen twine.
- Make your bread look even better by cutting some small lines into the dough. I went for small triangles, by the way.
- Bake the bread and let it cool down.
- Now, cut the kitchen twine and loose it from the dough.
- Last but not least, put a cinnamon stick on top of the bread – voila, your pretty and delicious Halloween bread is ready to be eaten. 😉
By the way: I really recommend the book Bread Bread Bread: Recipes, Advice & Shortcuts* by Martin Johansson I mentioned earlier in the blogpost. It offers some great advice for baking bread and very delicious recipes.
Have a happy Halloween!