How to do it right: Wearing nylons, stockings and tights in peeptoes and sandals
Who doesn’t know this: It’s finally getting warmer, we want to wear your pretty sandals and peeptoes again, but there is one problem: It is still a bit too chilly for bare legs. Furthermore, stockings and tights are such an essential part of my outfits, and not wearing sandals or peeptoes just because I like hosiery? No way! I believe that one definitely can wear nylons, stockings, and tights in open shoes like sandals or peeptoes. We just have to keep a few things in mind when doing so. 😉
*This blogpost contains affiliate links (marked with *)
How to wear Nylons, Stockings & Tights in Sandals or Peeptoes
Wearing stockings or tights in shoes like sandals or peeptoes was called a fashion no go for quite a long time. Lately, though, you can spot some fashionistas wearing tights in open shoes. However, modern fashion magazines still claim sheer tights are not fashionable at all and should be avoided – especially in shoes like sandals or peeptoes. I don’t think so. So in this blogpost, I’m going to show you how I team my beloved tights and nylons with shoes like sandals or peeptoes. Don’t expect some modern fashion recommendations, but rather som tips from a real hosiery-lover. 😉
What to keep in Mind when wearing Hosiery in open Shoes like Peeptoes and Sandals
When it comes to stockings and tights that look good in shoes like sandals or peeptoes, I recommend to keep the following things in mind:
- When wearing tights in shoes like sandals or peeptoes, I always recommend to choose tights that have some details like patterns, back seams, or similar things, or are colourful. No matter what, for me, it is important that my hosiery is an essential part of my outfit. So I always rather choose something striking instead of simple sheer tights.
- The more graceful the shoes, the more delicate the tights should be.
- Reinforced toes are great, but usually don’t look good in shoes with open toes. There are only a few exceptions:
- The reinforced part is still delicate and neutral, and therefore can’t be seen in open shoes.
- The stockings are colourful and the reinvorced part adds some stylish accents to the look (this style, though, requires some fashionable daring)
- When teaming stockings/tights with sandals, make sure the shoes have a heel – everything else looks like a small girl.
- Last but not least: Experiment! Try on different kinds of shoes and hosiery to find out what you like most. In the following, you will find some inspiration.
How to team Nylons, Stockings & Tights with Peeptoes
I usually teem my peeptoes with colourful, opaque tights, or tights with patterns. Whenever I choose sheer tights, I make sure they have some pretty details like seams or words on it. I also make sure they do not have reinforced, dark toes.